These needs are diverse, such as:
- High temperature
- Low temperature
- UV resistance
Geomembranes (liners) can be used in primary or secondary applications for short or long term use. There are many factors that need to be considered when selecting the appropriate liner for your project, in regards to both durability and constructibility.
We carry the following liners:
High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is the most common field fabricated geomembrane material due to its low initial material cost and excellent chemical resistance.
- Thickness range 30-100 mil (0.72-2.5mm)
- Most Durable
- High Chemical resistance
- Good UV resistance
- Most commonly used
- Comes in many variations
- High temperature resistance
Linear low density polyethylene (lldpe)
Linear Low Density Polyethylene is a very flexible membrane that provides high elongation, tremendous tear resistance and bursting strength.
- A minimum carbon black content of 2.0%
- Manufactured from virgin resins
- Excellent longevity and chemical resistance
- Can be pre fabricated into panels
- Available in smooth and textured.
- High UV resistance
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) films have been used for geomembrane applications for over 40 years. PVC is a flexible material with high elongations to readily conform to irregular shapes and differential settlement. The versatility of PVC gives us the opportunity to adapt the PVC properties to almost any use.
- can be specially formulated
- high flexibility
- can be skrimmed for added strength
- light weight
- high chemical resistance
- good temperature resistance (high and low)
Polypropylene Geomembranes (PP)
Polypropylene Geomembranes (PP) are exceptionally flexible geomembranes achieved by incorporating high levels of ethylene propylene rubber into polypropylene
- Outstanding resistance to environmental stress cracking
- Mechanical toughness
- Great flexibility
- High-friction angle
- A low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Available in NSF 61 – approved for potable water contact.
High Temperature LINER
High Temperature Resistant Geomembranes are specially formulated to resist the degradation that can be brought about by higher service temperatures.
- Various configurations available
- Excellent strength vs weight ratio
- Long service life
- Extreme temperature resistant
- High flexibility
- Excellent chemical resistance
Geosynthetic Clay Liner (GCL)
Geosynthetic Clay Liner is made from natural sodium bentonite clay sandwiched between two layers of synthetics. great for use in ponds where there is an allowable leakage rate.
- Self healing properties
- Replaces up to 2ft of CCL
- Low permeability
- Available in many configurations
- High friction angle
- Can be installed in all seasons
Reinforced Polyethylene (RPE)
Reinforced Polyethylene (RPE) is typically used as a site liner for short to medium term soil remediation applications and for cleanup of hydrocarbon contaminated sites.
- Very economical
- Non critical applications
- High flexibility
- A unique combination of coating and weave design.
- Excellent puncture and tear resistance.
- UV stable
- Light weight
Cold Temperature Liner
Cold Temperature Application Geomembranes are specially formulated to withstand below freezing installation temperatures (as low as -45 Degrees C).
- Great stress cracking resistance
- Flexible in low temperatures
- Great chemical resistance
- White available for permafrost projects
XR-3 & XR-5 Geomembranes
XR-3 & XR-5 Geomembranes are the strongest, most durable geomembranes in use today. Specified worldwide for projects including floating covers, tank farms, wastewater impoundments, landfill liners and potable water applications.
- XR-3 Geomembranes offer moderate chemical resistance
- Commonly used in Baffle curtain applications
- Available in NSF 61, which is approved for potable water contact.
- XR-5 Geomembranes are high-strength
- Chemically resistant including acids, oils and methane
- Excellent High Temperature resistant
- Superior UV resistance
- Flexible at temperatures above freezing