Nonwoven Geotextiles are needle-punched geotextiles that offer excellent water flow properties for drainage and other applications. They are made from polypropylene fibers that are tangled together in a needle-punching process.
- Possess excellent water flow rates and are used for filtration of soil fines.
- Used in drainage applications such as trench drains, as a wrapping for perforated pipe, for erosion protection, and combined with three-dimensional structures to create prefabricated drains.
- Used with geomembranes to provide a protective cushion.
Woven Geotextiles are used for subgrade stabilization and other applications requiring strength.
- Combine High strength with low cost
- Used in road building and embankment construction
- Excellent separators and help to speed construction
- Can maintain equilibrium until consolidation can occur in soft soils in embankments over soft foundation soils.
Spun Bonded Nonwoven Fabrics
Spun Bonded Nonwoven Fabrics use continuous polypropylene fibres that are heated together to form a continuous mat.
- Typically used in landscape fabrics and pipe sock
- Excellent resistance to plugging